Traffic is more than a list of names that represent people. It’s all about healthy flow and activity at your sites - the sort of activity that not only keeps your business and web presence alive, but really helps your sales grow - and grow. And if you haven’t yet built your list, you’ll need to make sure you drive people to your sites and keep them coming back again with no lags and lulls in the flow. Here are 21 powerful strategies, to help you generate a steady stream of healthy traffic.
1. Never use an automated service for search engine site submission.
2. Think of your headlines as if they were Twitter posts and your opening paragraphs as if they were RSS feed summaries.
3. Use long tailed keywords as your site’s Page name or blog post Permalink.
4. Use Google Analytics to test your sales or landing pages.
5. Only choose one component to test on any page.
6. Larger sites with more pages or resources command more traffic.
7. Check your logfiles to see what keywords are bringing in the most visitors.
8. Be specific when bidding on PPC keywords.
9. Always use keywords or product names as your link names.
10. Be diligent with Adwords when using them for PPC.
11. Do use social networking for traffic generation, along with blogging and article marketing.
12. Use Twitter - even if you use no other social networking platform.
13. Create viral videos, mp3’s, Special Reports and eBooks.
14. Start your own forum, focused on your best niche.
15. Consider using relevant Cross Promotions.
16. Have a highly relevant next offer already waiting in the wings.
17. Buy expired domains that have evidence of traffic flow.
18. Use Google Web Alerts.
19. Give a free Teleseminar.
20. Become an instant author, and have a hard copy book to your credit.
21. Explode the power of eZine ads.